Sunday, May 21, 2006

Lesson 3, Page 3


The final page of lesson 3. Now i stuffed up here. About halfway through the dog heads, i decided to try to sketch out the construction in blue pencil, and then go over in black. It worked fine but i forgot to scan them in colour so on the last 6 or so heads, it's hard to see the construction (it's also hard to read my notes on mistakes. I dunno the best way to keep them low file size and legible yet).

EDIT - I rescanned the pages. You can now see some blue line on the pages scanned in colour. Also, i constructed the pages like my previous posts. It seems that creating long pages allows the notes to be somewhat legible.




















The lesson can be found here, ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive Project Blog: Meta: The $100,000 Animation Drawing Course- Lesson 3

4 Comments:

Blogger Kala said...

wow - your illustrations are amazing - do you work for disney??

12:43 AM  
Blogger Dave_the_Turnip said...

Thanks for the feedback!

Heh, no. I'm just a 24 yr old guy who wants to draw for a living one day. :)

12:46 AM  
Blogger Gabriel said...

Those are nice!!
Cool that you'll do lesson 4. I have a feeling some of our 'classmates' are dropping out, that's so sad. I hope John keeps this thing going.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Dave_the_Turnip said...

Yeah. I think a lot of people are also just falling behind. Truth be told, you got to work hard at these lessons to reap the rewards. I'm kinda dragging but am still putting the time in.

I too hope John continues this.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home