Saturday, May 27, 2006

Lesson 4 - Da bodies

Well, it's almost been 2 weeks since this lesson was posted on John K's blog. I really took this one slow. Sure, it had a little to do with the fact i was catching up on lesson 3 last weekend, but these pages here were very challenging. I think i'm starting to get the hang of body construction. One thing i loved about this lesson was that when looking at some of the drawings on the screwball page, i thought to myself, "Man, i'm not gonna be able to draw that!". The thing i came to realise is that after getting the correct construction down, detail is just lines. You can really draw anything. John wasn't kidding when he said you'd be able to draw in any style once you get the fundementals down.

The lesson can be found here, ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive Project Blog: Meta: The $100,000 Animation Drawing Course- Lesson 4






























5 Comments:

Blogger Gabriel said...

Nice! Email stephen worth, i think it's important that we show some of us are following the lessons!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Dave_the_Turnip said...

I've emailed Steveven about all the lessons i've done. I dunno if they got through or not

2:13 PM  
Blogger Andy Seredy said...

Great Stuff man. You mentioned that you were dragging this out and I think thats the only way to go. I'm trying to Keep pace with alot of you guys but its just insainity. So much to learn so little time. Great stuff again man. The shear volume of work you are doing ensures that your gonna learn a bunch from this. I looked at your corrections, and it seems that I'll have to wqork twice as hard to match up. :) Props.
andy

7:15 PM  
Blogger Andy Seredy said...

Hey guys,
I also emailed Stephen a couple of times. I'm starting to get worried. Anyhow, I hope they keep the lessons going, I love that shhhtuff.
andy

7:30 AM  
Blogger Dave_the_Turnip said...

I'm sure John is gonna continue them. I reckon with his shows and the pitches and other stuff he's wanted to post, plus with the complexity of the last couple lessons, this break is perfectly normal.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home